Friday 19 September 2014

Updates and my favourite organizing tools coming right up.

In the coming weeks there will be some new upgrades coming up. Not only am I redesigning my resume and updating my PDF portfolio but I will also be updating the design of my webpage. It will have a similar theme to the current one but it will be simplified and more streamlined and centered the way I would like it to be. I also might have another freelancing project coming up soon too. 

And now onto the 5 organization tools I employ in my work space. 

1) The in/out box. This consists of two wire shelf boxes stacked on top of each other. This box has been great in making sure that bills that need to be taken care of are being paid. I put the mail in the in box on the top and then as I pay them I put them in the bottom. When there is a lot there then I file the papers in my filing cabinet. This leads to number 2.

2) The filing cabinet. My filing cabinet is where I store all my files in tidy and neat categories. So whenever I need to find something I can find it.

3) Canvas boxes with zip lid. These boxes are great for storing hats and extra blankets and keeping the dust off. I currently have three tan and pink zippered lid canvas boxes. I keep my extra blankets and hats in them to keep the dust off so when I need them they still look good. These I keep on top of the newest addition to my space. That is:

4) The 9 cube shelf with 5 canvas bins. I recently bought this at Giant Tiger and it was a great price. It came with the 9 cube shelf (in black) and 5 canvas bins (also in black). This is perfect for extra envelopes and electronics and you can hide the clutter away. 

5) My art kit. I have two art kits. One is a wooden box with one shelf in it and this is where I keep all my paint and paint brushes. My other one is much or mobile and is my prime graphic design kit. It has two pull out shelves and then there is a lot of space in the bottom. I keep all my tape, pencil crayons, pens and markers in here. I also keep my exact-o knives and other materials used for mounting work into portfolios. If you are going into school to be a graphic designer. I highly suggest getting a tackle box with multiple shelves and small enough that you can carry it.

Those are my top organizing tools and they work very well for me and keeps me very organized. 

No comments:

Post a Comment